Microsoft is coming up with a lot of innovative ideas that empower people, teams and organizations to intelligently discover, Share and collaborate on content from anywhere and on any device.
For years, most of the Microsoft customers have relied on SharePoint for many of its advantages such as Teamwork, automate business processes, to create business intranet websites and to create business applications.
SharePoint online that comes as an in-built part of Office 365, offers content management and collaborative capabilities that are integrated with other applications to create and co-author documents, work with their teams, analyze and make decisions. SharePoint is also some of the most powerful cross-suite capabilities such as Office 365 Groups and the governance controls for security, privacy and compliance.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower each and every individual and the organization to achieve more out of the SharePoint.
The vision for SharePoint online in the cloud and SharePoint server on-premises, along with the progress to date, showcases the areas of innovation:
- Simple and powerful file sharing and collaboration on any device.
- The mobile and intelligent intranet.
Simple and powerful file sharing and collaboration on any device
While working with the Microsoft Office applications, you can
- Get instant access to rich file sharing and collaboration features.
- Co-author documents in real time.
- Compare document versions.
When businesses look for enterprise-grade content management capabilities, SharePoint becomes a wonderful place for a highly collaborative teamwork.
Some of the features that will be rolling out this quarter:
- Access to SharePoint Online document libraries and Office 365 Group files from the OneDrive mobile app.
- Intelligent discovery of documents from both OneDrive and SharePoint.
- Copy from OneDrive to SharePoint in the OneDrive web experience.
- OneDrive Universal Windows Platform (UWP) application.
Microsoft has planned to roll out these exciting features before the end of this calendar year:
- Document analytics surfaced in OneDrive to provide insight into document usage, reach and impact.
- Synchronization of SharePoint Online document libraries with the new OneDrive sync client.
- Synchronization of shared folders with the new OneDrive sync client.
- Mobile access to SharePoint document libraries in on-premises farms.
- Move and copy files between OneDrive and SharePoint in web experiences.
The mobile and intelligent intranet
The major advantage of the SharePoint is the Intranet applications that let users to access the information within their teams and across the organization.
SharePoint is now making the capabilities of your intranet more accessible, more intelligent and more personalized.
The SharePoint Mobile App is designed for Windows, iOS and Android, with a full-fidelity access to people, sites, content and apps.
The SharePoint Mobile App will incorporate with the On-premises SharePoint Sites as well.
- The Sites tab takes you to your Sites, Recent sites and Followed sites, where you can keep up with site activity, navigate using quick launch or see recent files.
- The Links tab takes you to sites and portals programmed for everyone in the company.
- The People tab gives you access to the people you work with and visibility into what they are working on.
Search is available throughout with clean results filtered by sites, files and people..
Experience SharePoint home within Office 365
The new SharePoint home creates a space for SharePoint on the web within Office 365 that allows organizations to quickly find and create sites.
The SharePoint home web experience enables organizations to easily find and discover the places, information and people that needs to be more productive.
The main motive of Microsoft is to make the user experience simple and fast to navigate to the entire intranet across any device and to keep track of the sites, work and people in SharePoint and Microsoft Office 365 that are important to the organizations.
As organizations consider updating their intranet, SharePoint will become an important factor to support their teams into the future.